The more things remain the same, the more they change.  Spoke with Canadian Customs.  They told me that my shotgun (required in Alaska) must have a "trigger lock."  Bought one.  Took a while to see how it works.  Complicated to remove.  I assume that is because they want to make it difficult for Polar Bears to remove it, since they have such fat fingers. 
We plan on leaving tomorrow.  Current plan is Philadelphia to Sault Ste Marie, Michigan to refuel (4 hours) and then 2 more hours to Thunder Bay, Ontario (no time change).  Stay tuned.

UPDATE- Saturday June 9th
{4 hours from Phila to Sault Ste Marie Michigan and 1:45 from there to Thunder Bay.} 

I guess it had to happen sooner or later.  Sharon and I have flown in this plane for many years to many countries and this NEVER happened before.  We took off from Phila, landed in Sault Ste Marie Michigan, refueled  and then flew to Thunder Bay, Ontario.
Canada has the CANPASS system.  If you are registered with Canpass (as we are), you can travel to Canada from the US almost Customs free.  You call before you take off, you are asked some questions, you are given a number, you land and call Canpass and they either are there to meet you, they say you are fee to leave.  Only once were we met.  That was in St. Catherines Ontario a few years ago.  They saw our passports, said "hi" and that was it.  NOT THIS TIME!!!  They not only said that we had to wait for a customs agent, and then two of them showed up 45 minutes late, but then they went through EVERYTHING.  As you can imagine, we had a LOT of stuff with us (back seats removed and filled with "stuff").  They even turned our notebooks and my tablet on and then went through the contents of my hard drive, which I was not allowed to watch.  The entire process took about an hour and a half.  They even opened access panels in the ceiling of the plane.  In doing so, the agent damaged the access panel itself as well as cables in the ceiling.  Fortunately they were air vent cables.  He apparently did not damage tail control cables, which are co-located.  I guess it was their way of saying "have a nice vacation."
Sharon and I then checked into the Victoria Inn and went out to a nice dinner (with martinis- well deserved).  Tomorrow we plan on flying to Saskatoon, Saskatchewan (skipping over Manitoba).  It should take abut 4 1/2 to 5 hours flying time, plus, we gain two hours on the clock. 
We want to thank you for your emails and good wishes.  Fortunately we could receive them in Thunder Bay.  Tomorrow?? We'll see.
Till then,,,,